[Gloucs] Meeting on Wednesday

Paul Broadhead lug at twinmoons.clara.co.uk
Tue Jul 26 00:33:22 BST 2005

Glyn Davies <glynd at walmore.com> wrote:

> Fellow GLUGgers,
> Trawling back through the mailing list I see the Library is booked for
> Wednesday. Does anyone have a topic to discuss or demonstrate. I tried
> to do something quick last night on mondo but various things have
> conspired against me and I'm further now from producing a talk than I
> thought I was 24 hours ago.
> Thoughts people?

Unfortunately no thoughts.  However, if we need the projector screen
there may be a problem.  I usually borrow it from the local school which
is obviously now shut for the summer term.

I could describe my failed attempt to get wifi working on Ubuntu (the
same kit works fine on Debian), or my failure to get usb flash memory
working on Debian 2.6 stable kernel (the same kit works fine on 2.4
Kernel and 2.6 kernel Ubuntu), or the time I spent trying to use the
getrusage() system call only to find it has not been completely
implemented on Linux (OK I know I should now go away and produce a
patch, that's the way it should work, but its probably too difficult for
little old me,  No one would accept my hack of parsing
/proc/self/status); all this in the last week or so!  Oh the trials and
tribulations of a Linux user....

Paul