[Gloucs] LugRadio and early experiences of Ubuntu Live CD

Glyn Davies glynd at walmore.com
Sun Jun 26 15:16:10 BST 2005

Yo, Luggites,

Well, that was jolly good fun. Thanks again Paul for driving. I won't
embarrass you[1] by mentioning the 50 mile detour we did down the M54 on
the way home - ooops :)

Anyone 'lost' their tattoo yet?

Right. Ubuntu.

Not done any better of worse that Fedora at recognising my laptop's
hardware. No sign of it recognising the orinoco USB wireless card - a
killer adoption criteria. Didn't recognise the Dexxa (Logitech QuickCam)
either.

So, this blooming marvelous apt-get. How do you search for packages to
install?

Should have bought that Fedora mug! :)

[1] Actually, I must take some or the blame for this as I was dozing in
the back. IIRC, you were counselling Iain on some kind of bash problem
he had too.

--
Best Regards
Glyn Davies