[Gloucs] Getting rid of Windoze

Steve Searle steve at stevesearle.com
Sat Mar 5 16:22:55 GMT 2005

Around 04:10pm on Saturday, March 05, 2005 (UK time), Mick Brooks scrawled:

> > So I can download SuSE, sell it to you, you can give it to 10,000
> > people, one of them can make loads of changes to it, sell it to someone
> > else, who can then give it away to someone who can change it more.
>
> Is this true? I know that there is an 'FTP' version of SUSE (still
> called FTP, even though they provide an ISO now), but what about
> some of the non-GPL'd software on there? For example, is YaST (or

Oops - I just chose SuSE  as a random example - I use Fedora myself.
And I think you are right - it is not a good example.  Just had a look
at www.cheeplinux.com, who do sell various distros in the way I was
trying to describe, and they don't sell SuSE.  They do sell Mandrake,
Debian, Fedora and Slackware (and lots of others) so substiture any of
these for SuSE in my example.

Steve - who needs to be more carefull

--

A:  Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q:  Why is top-posting a bad thing?

 16:17:00  up 1 day, 20:00,  4 users,  load average: 1.47, 1.19, 0.63