[Gloucs] SUSE licence

John Kilgour wj.kilgour at btopenworld.com
Sat Mar 5 18:53:55 GMT 2005

The following link

www.mandrake.tips.4.free.fr/reviewsuse92.html

describes the position that Novell takes. You will need to go to the bottom of
the long page to see the relevant bit.

As I understand it you CAN copy the software but NOT make a profit - even a
free pint!

In any case a SuSE 9.2 professional DVD is attached to the current Linux
Format as a freebie! and the files are available for download on FTP servers
including source code. The only problem with this is file size. My broadband
does 3MB per minute and 3 or 4 GB will take 1000 minutes so it seems a £6.49
DVD plus additional on line updating may be the way to go.

John Kilgour