[Gloucs] Software patent campaign URL

Mick Brooks michael.brooks at physics.ox.ac.uk
Thu Mar 31 18:44:32 BST 2005

On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 04:17:57PM +0100, David Corking wrote:
> Thank you for turning out on a damp unpleasant night for Wednesday's
> GlosLUG meeting, and thanks for contributing to a lively and
> interesting discussion.

Thank you for taking the time to prepare your presentation and to
travel to us - I hope you didn't get back too late. It definitely
prompted an interesting discussion - I've never had to think so hard at
a LUG meeting, and learned a huge amount.

Could we get a copy of your presentation for the website?

For those that weren't able to make it - 15 of us showed up, with a
sprinkling of new faces, and were treated to David's 30 minute
introduction to software patents and the trouble they're causing.
Then, after rearranging the furniture, we managed to talk about the
whole thing for a solid hour and three-quarters, and probably could have
gone on for many times that. Only an unexplained lighting glitch forced
the last of us to leave at 10pm.

The Greyhound was suggested for the next social meeting (due around the
27th of Apr - but not necessarily a Wednesday for those that'd prefer
another night), as was going for a curry. Glyn, is there a decent indian
restaurant near the Greyhound - could we do both?

Thanks to Paul for organising the library again (and for sorting out a
projector screen at short notice), and to Guy for the loan of a
projector (do you want it back? :-)). Room hire was more than covered
from donations again, and we're now £2 in the black.

> http://swpat.ffii.org/

I spent rather too much time around there today. I'm now an FFII
supporter, and plan to write some letters this weekend.

All the best,

--
Mick Brooks
michael.brooks at physics.ox.ac.uk