[Gloucs] [ANN] May Meeting - ...

Oliver Gorwits oliver.gorwits at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Mon May 23 12:35:08 BST 2005

On Friday 13 May 2005 17:16, Mick Brooks wrote:
>         Herding Cats - Networks and Infrastructure the Oxford Way
>             Wed 25th May, from 7pm at Bishops Cleeve Library

Hi there folks,

With my boss on vacation today, it seems like a good time to sort out a
laptop and put my slides together for Wednesday :-)

I didn't really have a clear brief for this talk, so I've tried to put
together a few slides on several topics, in the hope that each person
there has their attention held for at least some of the time:

* Intro to our environment - the city-wide switched fibre network;
department and college connections
* The central Computing Services
* Pushing single-sign-on; Kerberos; Stanford Webauth
* Wireless networking; services for Uni members and their guests

I hope to keep it informal, with the opportunity to veer off on a
tangent if we wish.

regards,
oliver.
--
Oliver Gorwits, Network Infrastructure Group,
Oxford University Computing Services