[Gloucs] Where has everyon gone?

Paul Broadhead lug at twinmoons.clara.co.uk
Sat Oct 29 13:03:36 BST 2005

Hi folks, it's awfully quiet around here at the moment.  Could this be conclusive evidence that Linux is ready for used by our grand parents? - no one has any problems to solve any more!  Personally, I've been too busy with other stuff to do much fiddling with computers - if I don't mess too much with them, they just work.  I am however, seriously considering switching my main desktop machine from Debian (mainly testing) to Ubuntu 5.10.  It already duel boots!  My laptop is very happy running Ubuntu and my son's machine (newly restored after a disk crash) likes it too.  It's Debian but much easier to run near the cutting edge with good security support too.  Come on flame me now.  What is everyone else up to then?

Regards,
Paul