[Gloucs] Where has everyon gone?

John Kilgour wj.kilgour at btopenworld.com
Sun Oct 30 16:50:24 GMT 2005

On Saturday 29 October 2005 13:02, Paul Broadhead wrote:
> Hi folks, it's awfully quiet around here at the moment.  Could this be
> conclusive evidence that Linux is ready for used by our grand parents? - no
> one has any problems to solve any more!  Personally, I've been too busy
> with other stuff to do much fiddling with computers - if I don't mess too
> much with them, they just work.  I am however, seriously considering
> switching my main desktop machine from Debian (mainly testing) to Ubuntu
> 5.10.  It already duel boots!  My laptop is very happy running Ubuntu and
> my son's machine (newly restored after a disk crash) likes it too.  It's
> Debian but much easier to run near the cutting edge with good security
> support too.  Come on flame me now.  What is everyone else up to then?
>
> Regards,
> Paul

I have just installed SuSE 10.0 as a new installation.Previous distributions
were trouble free upgrades 8.2 -> 9.0 (Thanks Jim) -> 9.2 All went well and
my /home directory (which I HAD backed up) on a seperate partition was
unaffected! Pluses so far are that my HP Scanjet 3300C is now fully
supported.

Linux User magazine has the DVD as a cover disc.

I have now got to test the DVD player and audio setups.

Best wishes

John Kilgour