[Gloucs] Pam_mysql Install Help...

Paul Broadhead lug at twinmoons.clara.co.uk
Sun Feb 19 13:19:21 GMT 2006

Tony Davis <tony at ukcube.com> wrote:

> First off let me say hello!

Hi to you too.

> Secondly, please help me :o)
> tar -xvzf pam_mysql-0.5.tar.gz
> I am confused, because firstly I am using version 0.7RC1, not 5.

The version number in the tar extraction line suggests you downloaded version 0.5.  This may have been a website configuration issue but following the links you provided now, you get version 0.7 anyway.

> Also  what do I have to change? it is telling me to edit the Makefile? But
> what do i have to change? because the syntax looks like it should be a
> patch file, but that would be for version 5?

There is usually a README or INSTALL text file inside the tar file so check for those. If you really are new to the whole source compiling thing then you may be better off using a pre-build binary version for your own distro.  You probably can't get the very latest version but if you don't need that...

Paul