[Gloucs] Debian network install

Glyn Davies glynd at walmore.com
Sat Feb 25 01:23:34 GMT 2006

OK. Decided to give this debian malarkey a go on my laptop to see if it
made a better fist of the built in wireless adapter.

Decided on a net install DLing
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/i386/iso-cd/debian-testing-i386-netinst.iso

The installer fails with

[!!] load installer componetns from CD
No kernel modules were found. This probably is due to a mismatch between
the kernel used by this version of the installer and the kernel version
available in the archive

I then try to "Continue without loading kernel modules" but the
installer doesn't find the Ethernet port (presumably because it hasn't
loaded the modules).

What gives?

It's a Company N1015v laptop (athlon) with a realtek chip on the
ethernet port.

--
Best Regards
Glyn Davies