[Gloucs] Re: Next meeting

Paul Broadhead lug at twinmoons.clara.co.uk
Sun Jan 29 00:33:46 GMT 2006

Adam Hawkins <adamhawkins at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> Another idea could be a social evening?
> I must admit, going too the pub when the meeting finished at 10pm was a
> bit late for me.
> There are a few new members (including myself) so a social evening could
> be quite good and if we all knew each other better it would make giving
> presentations and demos a whole lot easier!
> No doubt if were all sat around in the pub chatting about Linux,
> hardware, pretty girls, then we'd probably end up with enough ideas for
> the next 100 meetings!
> Any takers?

I'd be up for that.  Not sure the wife would be too impressed with some of your topics for discussion and we would not want to put ladies off coming along.  You could just pick a time and a place and I'm sure people would make the effort.  We use to meet once a month in days gone by.  There was a suggestion we tried to alternate social and technical meetings.

Regards,
Paul