[Gloucs] Windows survival [was: Yesterday's meeting]

Mick Brooks michael.brooks at physics.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jan 31 21:51:19 GMT 2006

David Corking wrote:

Hi David,

> On 1/28/06, David Corking <lists at dcorking.com> wrote:
>> Did you choose an editor yet?

Oh, I didn't see this message - no, I don't seem to have it.
Could you resend?

To answer the question, I've been playing with Java and so have been
using Eclipse quite a bit (which isn't bad - on hardware far superior to
what I'm used to), but I keep a gvim nearby, too.

> I stumbled on this today, and thought of you :
>  "ViEmu is an add-in for Microsoft Visual Studio that emulates the
> powerful vi/vim input model within the Visual Studio environment.
> ...Get the raw power of vi/vim in your favorite(sic) IDE!"
> http://www.ngedit.com/viemu.html
>
> I liked the author's blog:
> http://blog.ngedit.com/2005/06/03/the-vi-input-model/

Yeah, that's a nice story. It took me *far* longer to get
used to Vi than that though, and I'm still probably nowhere
near as efficient as he seems to be.

Thanks for the link, I'll keep it around until I'm using VS
in anger.

All the best,

Mick