[Gloucs] No sound on Laptop

Sean Keeney seany at seanyseansean.com
Mon May 1 17:49:06 BST 2006

It's also worth downloading and running a recent live CD, especially a
multimedia one (like Amarok live) to see whether the problem has been
fixed generically in the newer distros.

I had a problem with my (very new) nvidia 6150 chipset whistling
through the left speaker. There were various modprobe fixes and other
incantations, but I waited instead of using them and now the latest
alsa release supports it fine. Everything on my mythtv client works
absolutely great now.

Oh, and hello everyone - i'm a new list subscriber in Cheltenham :)

sean