[Gloucs] No sound on Laptop

Steve Greig steve at stevespages.org.uk
Mon May 1 18:31:21 BST 2006

Thanks to a number of people for comments and links to web sites. With
regard to Lyndon's email: The laptop is a Toshiba Satellite 1110 and it
is running Fedora Core 3. I can hear sound. For example CDs play OK and
so does radio over the internet. The problem was not being able to
record with 'Sound Recorder'. Although I am keen to sort this issue out
it is not vital. It is difficult to find information on solving problems
with Linux pitched at the right level for me. Best wishes from Steve.