[Gloucs] gnome-volume-manager displaying root partition icon on my desktop

Paul Broadhead lug at twinmoons.clara.co.uk
Mon May 29 15:03:09 BST 2006

Hi folks, I hope you're enjoying the long weekend.

I have this very annoying problem.  I hate icons on my desktop, unless
its for some removable media I've just plugged in - that's OK.
However, I now have a / icon on my desktop for the root partition and I
can find how to remove it.  I can stop all icons for all devices but
how do I just stop these icons for permanently mounted devices?

I'm running Debian stable/testing and have a gnome 2.14.1 installed.

regards,
Paul