[Gloucs] help

John Cumming john at hoshea.co.uk
Wed Oct 4 08:15:23 BST 2006

I live in the Reddings if you want someone to lend a hand. Sounds to me
like a relatively straightforward server scenario. The only thing I've
not tried listed below is a print server, and setting up the full
multi-functionality of the fax/printer may cause a few problems but at
least brother supply some drivers:

http://solutions.brother.com/linux/sol/printer/linux/sane_drivers.html
http://solutions.brother.com/linux/sol/printer/linux/cups_drivers.html

Another thing worth thinking about is setting up a streaming media
server using daapd ... I have done this with some success and even added
SSL support, so I could stream from home to my workplace securely. Daap
is the protocol used by itunes btw.

JC