[Gloucs] Still problems with playing DVD's

info at hbas.fsnet.co.uk info at hbas.fsnet.co.uk
Fri Oct 6 11:30:41 BST 2006

Hi Christian,

I think you may find that this is a DRM (digital rights management)
issue and the correct codecs will need to be installed on your distro
(if the distro allows).

This is a major discussion point on the net at present, and Linus
Torvalds commented on the issue back in 2003:

http://news.com.com/2100-1016-998292.html

A google search will throw up a raft of items on the subject  and you
will probably have to identify the particular codecs and install process
for the specific DVD's you want to play.

Best wishes

Barrie