[Gloucs] BBC iPlayer protest photos

Andrew Oakley andrew at aoakley.com
Tue Aug 14 22:42:38 BST 2007

Mailing list lurker Nick White (hopefully attending next week's meeting)
and I headed up to London today to take part in the BBC iPlayer Protest
organised by the FSF.

As expected, BBC staff were seemingly under strict instructions not to
give us any airtime, but we did get coverage on The Register (I got my
photo on El Reg!) and BBC Backstage. We also handed out leaflets to a
large number of either supportive or bemused (but mostly wishing to
remain anonymous) BBC staff, including a several recognisable BBC News
presenters. We also attracted a lot of attention from, and raised
awareness amongst, BBC staffers eating lunch in the canteen, waving at
us in our bright yellow haz-mat suits.

(Remind me, is it Dipsy or La La that is the yellow Tellytubby?)

Register article:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/08/14/bbc_iplayer_protests/

BBC Backstage:
http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/news/archives/2007/08/defective_by_de.html