[Gloucs] Bandwidth limitation.

Geoff Bagley geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Sun Dec 2 14:08:22 GMT 2007

Keith Edmunds wrote:
> It's not clear what you mean. Do you mean that the bandwidth allowance is
> so low that she can't upload her work to the clients' websites? Or that
> she isn't allowed FTP (or whatever protocol she wants to use) outgoing to
> clients' websites?

Hi Keith.

It appears that she would need to send/receive  larger amounts than are
allowed under he
present (affordable) tariff.    The next tariff rate is too expensive.

What I had in mind was something working like rsync,  which only
transmits updates or changes.
She could then have a separate account over here where the rates are
more liberal,  and
have a client-like set-up over there.  The updates/alterations would
fall within her set limits.

Just a thought.

>> PS Where's all the activity these days on the MV list ?
>>

> Not sure what the "MV list" is!
>
> Keith

MV is an abbreviation for Malvern,  i.e. Malvern LUG.   It has been very
quiet recently !

Best regards,  and thanks  very much for your interest.