[Gloucs] VoIP handsets

Maximillian Murphy m at de-minimis.co.uk
Sun Dec 9 00:48:44 GMT 2007

Dear All,

Regarding all this discussion about VoIP, what have your experiences been of headsets, microphone/speaker combinations or handsets?  Is it true that if I go out and buy a basic VoIP handset then dmesg will tell me that it's found a new microphone and a new loudspeaker?  That would certainly be the easiest scenario to deal with.

There was a related discussion a few weeks ago, but it seemed to start half way through - perhaps a LUG meeting continued online.

Regards, Mon