[Gloucs] php

Glyn Davies glynd at walmore.com
Tue Feb 6 23:59:11 GMT 2007

Nicholas King wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Have you guys ever thought of holding php training days, I know of a few
> people who have asked me about it, and I think is a good intro to open
> source and as such linux.
>
> Regards
>
> Nicholas

Nicholas,

I've been meaning to reply to this for a long time.

I think a day of php training would be excellent. I'd certainly attend.
The LUG has never attempted such things though. Any suggestion on how
such a thing could work? I guess it would have to be on a weekend for a
start. I think the speaker/teacher would have to be paid (I'm assuming a
LUG member would be teacher here) as there is a lot of effort required
to put together a 1 day 'course'. Say X amount per attendee.

Any other members think it could be a goer? Anyone up for creating a
'course' (php or otherwise)?