[Gloucs] SSH forwarding without a shell

Glyn Davies glynd at walmore.com
Mon Jul 2 22:40:49 BST 2007

Can anyone think of a way of doing this.

I need to let someone in behind my firewall to a VNC server. Rather than
expose the VNC port to the Internet, I'd rather tunnel the VNC session
over SSH and let the SSH server be responsible for the security side of
things. The final thing is I want the user connecting in to only be able
to tunnel a VNC session to the chosen VNC server and nothing else (i.e.
no getting a shell on the SSH server, etc). OK, once inside on the VNC
server it's open season on the network, but at least the server will be
'safe'. If it's not clear from the above, the Linux box running SSH and
the Windows box (boo!) runing VNC server are seperate machines.

--
Best Regards
Glyn Davies