[Gloucs] SSH forwarding without a shell

Anthony Edward Cooper aecooper at coosoft.plus.com
Tue Jul 10 21:18:53 BST 2007

Pete Wright wrote:
>> Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 10:02:19 +0100> From: aecooper at coosoft.plus.com> To: gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk> Subject: Re: [Gloucs] SSH forwarding without a shell> > I quite regularly use ssh on Windows using the cygwin package. Works > very well. Need to watch out for the windows firewall thingy though. If > you use ZoneAlarm then it doesn't work as each ssh daemon seems to > present itself to ZoneAlarm as a separate program! Windows firewall in > XPSP2 works fine with it.> > Tony.>
>>
> If you know how your firewall works then you'd be able to create a rule on it to allow copies of the sshd to run without human interaction

Zone alarm just gives you the option of block this program or not when
something tries to access the internet, with ssh it comes up with some
random component in the program's name. Windows firewall doesn't have
this issue its a fault with zone alarm..... Tony.

--
If at first you don't succeed... Delegate.

Pay a visit to my home page at:
http://www.coosoft.freeserve.co.uk/