[Gloucs] Southern Electric crummy website

John Kilgour wj.kilgour at btopenworld.com
Wed Jul 18 22:07:07 BST 2007

On Wednesday 18 July 2007 21:45, Glyn Davies wrote:
> Yo all.
>
> Does anyone get any success with this website on Linux?
>
> http://www.southern-electric.co.uk/
>
> The main page just looks 'a bit wrong'. Click on the 'Read my Bill' link
> and I just get a blank screen with grass at the bottom (the real web
> page underneath does flash up briefly).
>
> Just wondering if it just my setup (Firefox + Adobe FlashPlayer 9) or
> whether its a genuine penguin hating site.
>
> I have contacted them about it. It used to work.
I have openSUSE 10.2.

With Konqueror 3.5.5 release 45.4 the MAIN page
after a brief flash goes to the blank screen with grass at the bottom that you
describe.
With Firefox 2.0.0.4 the main page has two or three frames inside the white
space with grass that is mentioned above. There is still a lot of white
space. If I click on "manage you bill" I just get the grass picture again.

Memo to self - dont use Southern Electric until this is sorted!

John Kilgour