[Gloucs] Giveaway: USB mini keyboard, PS/2 mouse, gamepad, speakers

Andrew Oakley aoakley at messagelabs.com
Thu Mar 1 12:04:30 GMT 2007

Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 09:59:15PM -0000, Andrew Oakley wrote:
> > Free to good/bad/indifferent home:
> > 2) USB Mini Keyboard.
> > 3) Microsoft PS/2 Wheel Mouse
> I'll take this if you're OK also the wheel mouse.

They're yours. I'll email you off-list to get an address.

> Bring me a machine of yours to install Debian on.

Ah, well I've done that myself, sort of. I'm afraid I went with Ubuntu
(hey, at least it is Debian based) but I did follow your rather smart
idea and installed only the base Server distro, then installed the
minimal GUI from there. Thanks *very* much for this tip, it saved me a
heck of a lot of bloat. Despite the machine only having 392MB, it is
running all the server stuff (Samba etc) plus Gnome and Firefox without
needed to dip in to swap *ever* - and usually having 50MB+ free RAM.

I'll make a separate post about this, as it was quite an interesting
exercise.