[Gloucs] DVD/CD backup tool

Glyn Davies glynd at walmore.com
Mon Mar 19 22:30:56 GMT 2007

Hi,

Any ideas on this?

I use mondo rescue (http://www.mondorescue.org/) to create bootable
backup CD  images of a server I look after. These I then store on my
server at home. However, they are taking up a lot of space. I have about
a year's worth of backups and would like to copy some of the backups to
DVD/CD media. The problem is that typically, a full backup set +
incrementals exceeds the space on 1 DVD (might be a dozen CD iso images).

Are there any tools that are good for copying across multiple DVD/CD
media? I could of course do this by hand but it would be nice for a tool
to do it for me. I'm not after a backup tool just something that spans a
multiple file copy across multiple DVD/CD disks (sorts out the best way
to do it (best fit), prompts for disks, etc).

I usually use K3b for burning CDs/DVDs so if there is a whizzy way of
doing it with that then that would be great.

I guess I should switch to DVD iso images for the mondo backups in the
future and just burn the iso.

--
Best Regards
Glyn Davies