[Gloucs] Curry Social

Glyn Davies glynd at walmore.com
Sat May 5 23:20:42 BST 2007

Barbie wrote:
> Glyn, were you still planning to organise a curry social meeting for
> this month? If so, where and when? I assume the date will be Tuesday
> 15th May.
>
> Barbie.

'lo,

Been away for the last two weeks and didn't get the chance to get the
curry post in.

Typically, the 1st of May was a Tuesday so the 3rd Tuesday is the 15th
meaning my intended post holiday curry posting is leaving things a
little late. Nothing less than you would expect though I expect :)

So, yes. Curry on the 15th unless the 'list' prefers otherwise.

Only question is where?

Cheltenham or Gloucester? It was Cheltenham last time.

Currywise I'd recommend Namaste (http://www.namasterestaurant.co.uk/) in
Cheltenham. The Bayshill is just down the road and has decent (typical
Wadworths) beer.

Several curry houses in Gloucester all with good pubs nearby. Jewel in
the Crown and Shahi Balti in Westgate Street (near the Dick Wittington,
The Fountain, etc) and one in Worcester Street that people rave about,
that I haven't been to, and I can't remember the name of (The Regal, etc
nearby).

So votes, opinions please.

As a start, I say Cheltenham and Namaste (and thats from someone the
wrong side of Gloucester).

--
Best Regards
Glyn Davies