[Gloucs] Brands of Laptop computers that are Linux friendly

Sean Keeney seany at seanyseansean.com
Fri Nov 2 19:05:59 GMT 2007

Anything branded Centrino is going to work fine, as it specified a chipset,
including graphics, that is well supported under Linux.

The problems are going to be on the periphery, with things like SD card
readers and webcams and suchlike.

My girlfriend has a Acer Aspire 5050 which works better in Ubuntu than
Vista, which came preloaded...