[Gloucs] Re: Brands of Laptop computers that are Linux friendly

Russ Hay russellh at ysmail.net
Mon Nov 5 12:25:58 GMT 2007

I've always been happy running Linux on any T-series laptop from IBM (or
Lenovo as they are now!). Slightly prejudiced as I'm an IBMer - but trust
me, we don't get any worthwhile internal discounts!

They tend to have allot of driver support from the community, and there's
always thinkwiki if you have questions over unsupported hardware - which is
the main advantage over getting a cheap laptop from Asda/Walmat and taking
your chances with the hardware.

Russ.