[Gloucs] Draft new GLUG website

Andrew Oakley andrew at aoakley.com
Fri Oct 5 14:35:22 BST 2007

Andy Smith wrote:
> $ zdump UTC Europe/London Europe/Amsterdam
> UTC               Fri Oct  5 13:18:56 2007 UTC
> Europe/London     Fri Oct  5 14:18:56 2007 BST
> Europe/Amsterdam  Fri Oct  5 15:18:56 2007 CEST

Indeed. I can't believe so many people are having a problem with the
concepts that BST/CEST are summer times (extra +1 hour) whereas UTC/GMT does
not.

Can we have this argument again in November, when we'll be on GMT?

Does no-one listen to the BBC World Service anymore? It's on DAB now, too.
;-)

--
Andrew Oakley