[Gloucs] Update - was: k3b freezes system

Richard Dawe rich at phekda.gotadsl.co.uk
Mon Oct 22 21:51:39 BST 2007

Hello,

Christian Trapp wrote:
> tried on the console the command cdrdao copy and bang, system freezes...

What command-line did you use?

Have you tried turning on verbose output? (cdrdao -v -v ...)

Can you use "cdrdao read-cd" to extract the data from the CD? You could
then use that data to write a copy.

> It shows still the name of my burner and that it is using the generic
> driver and then everything stops...

When you say "everything" stops, is it just cdrdao that hangs, or does
your entire machine hang? Does anything interesting appear in the output
of the "dmesg" command?

> Thanks for your ideas in advance.

Hope that helps,

--
Richard Dawe [ http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~phekda/richdawe/ ]

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has
genius, power, and magic in it." -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe