[Gloucs] Solved - was: k3b freezes system

Simon Lewis simonlewis at bluebottle.com
Tue Oct 23 22:05:13 BST 2007

On 23 Oct 2007, at 12:38, Christian Trapp wrote:

> When I installed Debian 4.0 I was testing compiz 0.22 stable which
> comes with Debian 4.0 and gave up on this as it is still too much
> hassle. So I cleaned up my xorg.conf and thought that's it. But I
> still had compiz installed and it seems, this was mixing up my X
> server.
>
> So since uninstalling compiz, my troubles seem to be gone...

You still should have been able to kill the X Server by ctrl-alt-
backspace or by going to another virtual terminal and using kill -9
or something.

My housemate likes to b0rk his Debian with Compiz... I think he has
found Compiz Fusion to be better.. had to add a 3rd party repo
though... you may wish to try that instead.

Simon