[Gloucs] Fedora...

David and Sharon david.sharon-copsegreenfarm at farming.co.uk
Sun Sep 9 22:45:42 BST 2007

Alan Vamplew wrote:
> Simon,
>
> It was much easier to install Fedora 7 using the free distro on the cover of
> the August edition of Linux Magazine.
> Wireless networking was the only problem but this has now been resolved.
> So far it looks and feels good.
>
> Alan

Just installed FC7 ( from downloaded DVD ISO) with no problems. However,
did not install the 'non-free' mp3 rpm's properly using 'pirut' gui
installer and had to use 'yum' from the command line to get them to
install properly. Also, can not get NVidia drivers to work. They either
cannot find kernel-devel installation or find them and install drivers,
which cannot be found when starting X (Why can't they include kernel
source on the disc?).  Apart from those minor niggles, 'yum' works so
much better than 'yast' with suse and I am very impressed - a nice easy
to set up beginners distro.

David