[Gloucs] How to rescue data from a encrypted filesystem

David and Sharon david.sharon-copsegreenfarm at farming.co.uk
Wed Sep 26 18:55:43 BST 2007

Having just formatted a drive by mistake, I can recommend
"testdisk/photorec"  http://freshmeat.net/projects/testdisk/
That pulled out files that I'd deleted ages ago, but how it would deal
with encrypted partitions I am not sure.  It can be used as a read only
program so it may be worth giving it a go and putting it in the toolkit
for future use.  Let us know how you get on.

David