[Gloucs] ISP problem.

Geoff Bagley geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Sun Feb 3 19:54:24 GMT 2008

Some years ago,  I obtained a brand new ADSL connection to what was then
"btopenworld.com".

I reluctantly gave up my two dial-up accounts,  uklinux.net and demon
internet,  both of which were OK.

After a while,  BT unilaterally changed my e-mail to  btinternet.com,
rather than btopenworld.
Nothing particularly wrong with that, except that I noticed one day the
incoming server was  now  "mail.yahoo.com".

The name Yahoo stuck in my throat a bit,  but the spam filtering and
service generally turned out to be very good indeed,
and so I "put up with"  the Yahoo bit.  I have even been inclined to
recommend btinternet to others.

Now that Yahoo seems to be on the threshold of a new era as part of
Microsoft,  I may be forced to  reconsider.

I would prefer uklinux.net on the grounds that their profits go to the
FOSS movement.

Does anyone have an ADSL connection via uklinux.net,  and are you able
to recommend it ?

Best regards,

Geoff.