[Gloucs] Sat 20 Sept - Software Freedom Day

Andrew Oakley andrew at aoakley.com
Fri Jul 4 10:23:13 BST 2008

http://www.softwarefreedomday.org/

Are we already planning to do anything for this?

If not, who else would be interested in burning a load of Ubuntu and
Fedora CDs, writing a 1-sheet-of-A4 quick-start guide (one side: how to
boot the Ubuntu/Fedora live CD; other side: why free software matters
plus contact/meeting details for GLUG) and handing them out for free on
Cheltenham High Street?

Obviously it doesn't just have to be Ubuntu and Fedora. I'm happy to
hand out ANY distro so long as a novice quick-start can fit onto one
side of A4, and ideally the distro includes a web browser and word
processor by default. People should be encouraged to try different distros.

A mate of mine is a Cheltenham borough councillor, so I can easily find
out if we need any permits. We're not traders, and we're not asking for
money, so I doubt we'd need anything, but I will check. I expect the
only thing we'd need to do, would be to promise to pick up any discarded
CDs/leaflets at the end of the day.

--
Andrew Oakley