[Gloucs] Laptop listings searchable

Maximillian Murphy m at de-minimis.co.uk
Thu Jun 26 17:37:46 BST 2008

Dear All,

I've made a list of installation reports for linux on laptops searchable.  Might be of use to people looking to buy a linux laptop.

I've used the list of installs that seems to crop up all over the place but I think the one true original is linux-laptop.net.

I haven't yet added date information - useful for distinguishing laptops that were great eight years ago from those that are good now, however I've cross referenced with a current price list which helps filter out old models.  It's a bit beta-releaseish as I have to fine tune the mapping between the price list and the list of reports.

The search page is here:

http://pentop.dmdt.org
(penguin laptop, featuring a small hole so that you can breathe easy.)

Regards, Max

Infinite antichains ... making it _easy_ to do the right thing!