[Gloucs] Debian Dependency Hell

Barbie barbie at missbarbell.co.uk
Tue May 20 17:15:25 BST 2008

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 04:07:26PM +0000, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 06:54:50PM +0100, Barbie wrote:
> > In older variants of Debian the dependencies quite often got screwed. I
> > haven't seen it happen for awhile until today. A dist-upgrade has
> > removed apache and a whole bunch of other stuff, and then claimed to
> > have done an upgrade, but no apache was reinstalled.
> >

> I'll be there tonight - does that help?

If you can fix it yes ;)

I'm sure I'm not the only one who as got themselves into this position,
so I was hoping there might be a howto somewhere. Unfortunately the
server is remote box, so I don't have the luxury of reinstalling it
locally :(

I'll fill you in on the gory details later :)

Cheers,
Barbie.
--
Birmingham Perl Mongers - http://birmingham.pm.org