[Gloucs] 3G USB modem

David Johnson dj at david-web.co.uk
Tue Sep 9 17:13:44 UTC 2008

On Monday 08 September 2008 22:50:09 Nick wrote:

> I hadn't actually considered that. However presumably using a phone
> connection like that will essentially be charged per minute I'm
> connected, which really isn't something I want to go back to,
> particularly not with my current mobile phone rates.

You'll be charged in exactly the same way as using a dongle. You basically
just dial a special number which tells the dongle or phone to establish a 3G
or GPRS connection (*99#, off the top of my head) typically charged by the MB
(unless you have a flat-rate plan, of course).

Regards,
David.

--
David Johnson