[Gloucs] Hardware Qs

Glyn Davies glynd at walmore.com
Tue Sep 30 16:18:57 UTC 2008

Sorry guys, not very Linux this but I know there's some expertise out there.

Looking to buy  Dell laptop for my parents. I'm given the choice of 2x
1GB dual channel or 1X 2GB single channel memory. The cost is the same.
Which should I choose? Am I right in thinking that dual channel is just
paired memory modules so if I buy the 1x 2GB modules, I can always buy a
second at a later date an run them dual channel?

Also, am I right in thinking Dell lock you in to buying there inkjet
carts for their printers and I would be better of going elsewhere for an
Epson?

MTIA

--
Best Regards