[Gloucs] Ubuntu Wireless Problem

Andy Dove andydove71 at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 17 23:27:26 UTC 2009

Hi all,
I've recently converted to Ubuntu and on the whole have had very few dramas
getting it all up and running.  The one snag is that I am also trying to get
it to run on an old laptop for the kids to use and I cannot get the wireless
to work correctly.  The laptop is an acer travelmate and the chipset of the
wireless cars is IPN2220.  I have tried using ndiswrapper and I initially
achieved a connection but for some reason following a reboot I have never
been able to connect.  The card is detecting the network buw won't connect.
It keeps prompting for the WPA code even when I have temporarily disabled
encryption on the router.  I would prefer to get it working with encryption
enabled.  Any suggestions would be gratefully received.  Thankyou.

Regards
Andy Dove