[Gloucs] RealVNC Vs TightVNC

Maximillian Murphy m at de-minimis.co.uk
Wed Aug 19 18:29:02 UTC 2009

I use xvnc to work with my sister who is at university several hundred miles away.  It's much easier to demo when you can both see the same desktop than it is to try to walk her through things over the phone.  Given that we both get a mouse and keyboard it tends to disolve into silly games such as "I can press delete faster than you can type" but we also do sensible things.  I've never had lag problems but I've intentionally set up a very plain desktop and keep things simple.

På Ons, 19 Aug 2009 09:01:39 +0100 skrive