[Gloucs] Remote control

Charlie Markwick charlie-markwick at southcot.com
Mon Aug 24 09:39:29 UTC 2009

Paul

Using Remote Desktop Protocol with XP Pro will work. However with XP
there is a restriction of only one console. So if you log in using your
fil's credentials then you will take control of his console session and
he will cease to have a view of what you are doing. If you use your own
credentials then this will log out his session and load a profile for
you and this may defeat the object. If you want to avoid the latter and
allow him to see what you are doing, if say you are showing him
something, then stick with VNC. If you do use RDP then you don't
necessarily need to use any tunnel as RDP is fully encrypted.

Charlie