[Gloucs] February meeting

Andrew Oakley Andrew.Oakley at hesa.ac.uk
Tue Feb 10 09:47:02 UTC 2009

Glyn Davies wrote:
> Do we have volunteers for a hacky script talk this month? The
> actual day is next Tuesday.

I can do:

* GetRAM - create your own podcast feed of BBC radio programmes,
recorded from the RealAudio streams, converted to MP3 using MPlayer and
then fed to an RSS feed.

* LoadGuest/SaveGuest - Set up a customised Gnome session for a guest
user, have that user log in and have all their changes disappear when
they log out.

About 15 mins each I think.

> Any other offers of talks (I can remember Brad's offer of a Mutt talk)

I'd also be interested in a talk on Mutt.

I can also do a demonstration of the Ubuntu Netbook Remix interface.

Andrew Oakley
Head of Software Development
Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA)
95 Promenade, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire GL50 1HZ
T 01242 211460  F 01242 211122  W www.hesa.ac.uk

Higher Education Statistics Agency Ltd (HESA) is a company limited by
guarantee, registered in England at 95 Promenade Cheltenham GL50 1HZ.
Registered No. 2766993. The members are Universities UK and GuildHE.
Registered Charity No. 1039709. Certified to ISO 9001 and ISO 27001.

HESA Services Ltd (HSL) is a wholly owned subsidiary of HESA,
registered in England at the same address. Registered No. 3109219.