[Gloucs] OfflineImap & Google Apps

Russell Hay russellh at ysmail.net
Mon May 11 12:35:52 UTC 2009

I've hosted my personal domain (that I'm using now) as a google hosted
domain (for free) for a number of years. You just need to be able to
configure your own DNS to point to Google.  IMAP works very well and as
google supports IMAP-IDLE, you can effectively get push email to mobile
devices.

In terms of transfer - you don't transfer the domain to Google, you just
update your DNS with new records in order to point all the traffic to
Google.

HTH

Russ