No subject

Tue May 26 10:56:31 UTC 2009

1. The UKUUG Summer Technical Conference is in Birmingham 7/8/9-August.
   We have a great range of speakers:
    http://summer2009.ukuug.org.uk/Talks
   and five really interesting tutorials (Drupal, Arduino, GIMP, LaTeX,
VoIP).

   Early bird rates apply to bookings up to 21-July.

2. Shameless bribery

   The reason we have so many tutorials, on such diverse topics, is to
   try and reach a wider constituency.  We're now resorting to bribery.
   We have really neat A6-sized fliers for the conference.  Anyone who
   genuinely [*] takes at least four fliers and distributes them
   appropriately will be entered in a draw.  The prizes are copies of
   JP Mens's acclaimed book "Alternative DNS Servers":
        http://uit.co.uk/altdns
   There is one prize for each 10 valid entries, so you have a 10%
   chance of winning.

   Here are ideas for how you might distribute fliers:

    - At LUG meetings leave them on tables/hand them out

    - Stick a couple on noticeboard at work

    - Leave a few on the table in college common-rooms or tea rooms

    - Enclose them in any post you're sending out to relevant folks

    - If you're in a university, put a few up on noticeboards in:
      * Computer Science dept.
      * Computer Services dept.
      * Maths and Physics depts. (as we're running a LaTeX
        tutorial, and LaTeX is great for typesetting maths)
      * Artsy places (as we're running an Arduino tutorial, and
        artsy people like Ardruino)

    - Bring a few to any conferences you attend, or relevant
          organizations that you visit.  (Stick them on their
          noticeboards when nobody's looking.)

    To enter, e-mail:
        ukuug-draw at uit
    with your postal address, and say how many A6 leaflets you want us
to send you.

    [*] Editor's decision final etc.  UK only.  Max. 100 prizes.

--
Best Regards
Glyn Davies