[Gloucs] Bad Karma

Gerd Busker busker at busker.org
Tue Nov 17 07:48:40 UTC 2009

Glyn Davies wrote:
> Any one else having a bad time with Karmic Koala? My laptop (never Linux
> friendly) hates it and seems to have most bugs whinged about on the
> forums. Should have stuck with JJ. A fresh KK install hasn't made things
> better. Next stop Fedora 12.

There is something fundamentally wrong with KK.  After upgrade my mobile
data (just a basic modem device really) stopped working (kernel rejects
the USB device so after insertion it only briefly shows up in lsusb), I
had issues with wakeup from suspend (no keyboard or mouse).

Rolled back as quick as I could find my 9.04 disk. I'm running 64-bit.

Gerd