[Gloucs] Bad Karma

Francis Barton franbarton at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 17 00:38:28 UTC 2009

I got fed up with Ubuntu breaking every time I tried to dist-upgrade.
Variously, I had problems with broken fstabs + not finding partitions, or if
that worked then I would have X server config problems or something else
equally annoying.

This has happened too many times to me, so I switched to Linux Mint (
linuxmint.com) which I love, so far.  OK, it's not updated as often as
Ubuntu, but I have been _so_ impressed.

For some unexplained reason I decided to plump for the XFCE version.  I've
never used XFCE in 8 years of using Linux; I always used GNOME on Ubuntu.  I
have to say XFCE is lovely in many ways!  Who knew?

Sorry this doesn't answer your question about KK Glyn, but Mint might be
worth a try instead of Fedora???

Fran
(it's been a while :-))