[Gloucs] Andy's rant.

Geoff Bagley geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Sun Nov 22 11:46:21 UTC 2009

I enjoyed Andy's rant in which he listed the characteristics and
weaknesses  of the various distros and their derivatives.

I am glad that I have chosen to stick with Debian,  Lenny on my main
desktop, and  Squeeze on my laptop.

However, I now  have a resulting  problem.
My son Chris is very happy surfing on Lenny,  but wants to be able to do
lots of things that I am not geared up for !

He  has a Kodak digital camera that is NOT Linux friendly -  (no
problems with my Canon).
He also wants to use YouTube and also to download stuff from various
Linux-unfriendly sites.

He is talking about getting his own Windows Laptop (grrrrr).

The best I can hope for is dual-boot.

How do other GNU/Linux  users dot it ?

I don't want to violate my principals and get involved with proprietary
software.

Best regards,

Geoff.