[Gloucs] Bad Karma

Glyn Davies glynd at walmore.com
Mon Nov 23 18:58:22 UTC 2009

Just thought I'd give the latest update on my laptop.

Installed Fedora12. Works peachy, for few seconds, then hangs, the
unfreezes, then hangs, etc, etc (this is in gnome). Been a problem fine
F10 or 11 it would seem. So have installed Hardy Heron again. Only
problem is the firmware for my wireless card no longer appears to be on
avaya's website. So, am stuck without wireless for the moment. On the
plus side, when KK borked my wireless I contacted the current maintainer
and he got it working again for KK. So, in that small way I've helped
push the driver's development along.

Anyhoo, I blame the laptop hardware not the distros. Been a pain with
Linux from day 1. KK was just a bit of a surprise after generally being
so good.

--
Best Regards
Glyn Davies